Friday, July 30, 2010

Sweet Pea



We don't call Kasen any nickname other than Kase.  Why?  Lack of originality.... maybe...  But for me it makes me think of  the Simpson episodes (I was a kid of the 90's) where Bart would call the bar with funny names.  I don't know if Justin Case was ever one of those names, but Karl says it so much I believe it was one.  So, when the sleep deprivation gets bad - we make each other laugh be referring to her as "You know, Justin KASEN".  No, it isn't very funny - but it works for us.

However, if Kasen had parents who gave their kid sweet nicknames, it would be "sweet pea".  Kasen's Nana (Karl's mom) sent her this adorable onsie.  It is super soft and cute as can be right?  Why sweet pea you ask?  See below.  Kasen's Grandma (my mom) bought her this pajama before she was born.  She has worn it a lot. My mom gave it to me laughing... I think I know who I got my sense of humor from...

The hat (which has an embroidered leaf on it) says "Sweet Pea" - as if the leaves on the hat and the bag wasn't enough of a tip off.  I will be sad when she outgrows this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment