Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Day at the Races

Karl and I are trying to put some importance on "date night" and we don't get true date nights often.  So when Jeanette invited us to Emerald Downs for her birthday and Becca offered to watch Kasen, we knew a "date night" had materialized.  The fact that it wasn't at night - details, details... 

Jeanette's husband planned a great day - including a barn tour with our friend Will.  Will is majorly into race horses and seems completely at ease with them (the picture is Will and one of his horses).  I have to say horses have always made me uneasy.  They all appear to be quietly waiting for something - an animal take-over perhaps?  But these horses were pretty cool and seem to be living the high life.
I forgot to bring my nice camera (although nice to not be lugging around anything for once), so I was stuck with my phone.  Our friend Bill (a photographer) was with us.  I lamented my lack of a good camera and how with the conditions getting anything usable with my phone would be impossible.  Then Bill said - fxCamera.  This android app is awesome.  Using the Polaroid effect - all pictures look ok.


Here we are on our barn tour. The day was fantastic. We have not seen hot sun in quite awhile in Seattle.  I got burned.  Of Course.  We did some betting.  It just reinforced my opinion of gambling.  My luck in games of chance is too bad to put any really money down.  $2 a bet, ooookkkk.  Yeah. 

Not suprisingly, we lost all my bets, but Karl eventually won. 

Still, a fun day at the track and who can argue with the view?

No comments:

Post a Comment