Monday, July 5, 2010

3 Months Old

Kasen turned 3 months old on Saturday. We celebrated by taking some pictures of her with the nice camera. This is one of my favorites:

Kasen started doing the teething drooling last month, but she is now chewing on anything she can get her hands on... including, well, her hands. This pose is pretty much how we see her 90% of the time she is awake. It also makes a super attractive slurping sound.

The outfit (including polka dot socks not pictured) was a gift from our friends Damon & Amy. They are both marine scientists and the outfit did not disappoint. See the super cute whale - yup - also on the onsie underneath. With all our crappy cold weather, we haven't really broken out the dresses. So for the month birthday picture I went for the cute. I hear summer is coming this week - so I see bare legs in this kids future! Hooray - more Moby the pink whale.

Smiling is coming more frequently now. She isn't really laughing yet, but she finds constant amusement in her day. She finds diaper changes particularly hilarious. In photos she can tend to look a little morose, so here is my proof she is a smiler. I will hold onto this in case I have to have it printed for display during her teen years.



Below is more the type of picture I was getting (I think both small picarbockers are saying "what is Mom doing" with their gazes). Karl and I are in trouble when they can conspire against us. Sterling may just be waiting for Kase to get her opposable thumbs figured out and then he will organize the coup.


Sterling and Kasen are definitely enjoying each other these days. It brings a smile to my face every time. Sterling is 8yrs old now and I can't even imagine Kasen might not have memories of him one day. Guess I'll just keep taking lots of pictures. Sterling likes it when she sits on the floor - much easier access that way. Someone told us that kids with pets have fewer allergies due to all the exposure to dirt/allergens/etc. If Sterling has his way, Kasen will be the healthiest kid on the planet.

Note: there were no babies harmed in the creation of this picture. Sterling stopped short of devouring her cheeks - he nicely saves them for us. The dog has much more restraint than Karl or I.

No comments:

Post a Comment