Friday, July 23, 2010

"Karl, babies need things!"

We live in Seattle.  For everyone that lives here, we know why acquiring stuff is a problem - houses are small in the city.  Honestly, we have a good sized house, but it isn't baby stuff big.  When we lived in Virgina we had 2 rooms we never used - we didn't heat them in the winter.  Not in Seattle.  Which leads to a problem.  Our favorite "game" right now is - where can we find room?  We had to play recently when I pulled the guest bed out of Kasen's room.  Karl won by finding space in the basement (his "man couch" was a casualty of this victory).  Before we had Kase, we visited a friend in the suburbs and I was jealous of their Bounce House Room.  Yes, a room with just a small, blow-up, bounce house.  I can already see it:

Therapist: "Let's talk about your childhood"
Kasen: "It was loving, but it wasn't like I had a Bounce House room"
Therapist: "Ahhhhh....now we are getting somewhere..."

Every time I come home with something new, Karl and I have the same discussion - "Do we need _____?"  I respond with my standard - "it's for Kasen.  Babies need things."  Conversation done, game on.  We acquired a Fisher Price Aquarium from my sister-in-law.  She said my niece had liked it and it was originally a gift from my aunt.  I took it home, attached it to the crib.  It is now called "baby crack" in the Pickerbocker household.  Note - Kasen was upset before I turned the toy on....


Does this count as TV?  What if we go somewhere without one?  New mom guilt begins......

No comments:

Post a Comment