Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Swim

Last Friday, Kase and I went on a water adventure with her Aunt Karen and cousin Phaedra.  Karen took all the pictures to document the big event.  Thanks Karen!

The pool was north of the city. The up-side was warm water and lots of different areas to swim. The down side? Screaming kids as far as the eye can see. Made the old lifeguard in me cringe slightly. Kasen enjoyed the water although she may have just thought it was a smelly, long bath.

Kasen's cousin Phaedra got to show off all her new swimming skills.  She is on her way to becoming quite the fish!  She brought Kasen a few pool toys and showed her some proper swim technique.  I don't know that Kasen listened though... she was a little busy dipping her hand in the water and slurping it off.  Chlorine is good for kids right?

As for the photo below, please ignore my Mr Ed impersonation.  I couldn't cut me out without ruining a great picture of Phae.  I have become so giving in my old age...

2 comments:

  1. i enjoy your Mr. Ed impersonation... and your sense of humor. ;)

    (you don't know me but i went to high school with karl... nice to virtually meet you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice to meet you too. Glad someone is actually following the blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete