Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break PARTY - Part 1

The Picarbockers recently returned from a trip to Padre Island.  It was everything a good spring break trip should be - too much sun, fun and not nearly enough sleep.  The big difference is not ALL the fun revolved around drinking and the lack of sleep was due to an early rising baby - not staying up too late.  In all honesty - I don't think I ever had a crazy spring break trip, but Karl frequently tells a story of his Florida spring break trip in college.  It revolves around a night at Treasure Island, a $100 cab ride and waiting in the cab while the cab driver ate breakfast at his mothers.

I wish I had more pictures of our trip.  I brought my camera, but the first day I took it to the beach and realized it was getting sand & sea covered.  I instantly decided it was too delicate for the beach and didn't get it out much afterward.  My new goal is to work with my camera more, so that I don't feel like it is this fragile piece of equipment.  I'm working on it.

Kasen took to spring break like a duck to water.  One of the nights, we went out to eat freshly caught fish at one of the local restaurants.  My mom has some friends who fish every day - this leads to a WHOLE LOT OF FISH for eating.  They nicely invited us to help them eat it all.  Little did we know this was more a Man vs. Food challenge than a dinner invitation.  I have literally never seen that much fish in my life.  Kasen ate some and then promptly fell asleep.  This was pretty impressive considering the volume of this restaurant.



She didn't wake up until we left.  Turns out this is the baby version of "boot and rally", she stayed up at least 2 more hours back at the condo playing with her cousins.  Spring break is NOT for the weak of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment