Monday, February 21, 2011

House of Sick

Kasen is sick.  This is not terribly surprising considering everything within grasp ends up in her mouth - dog toys, shoes, remotes, furniture, etc.  I suppose I don't help matters much... I am just not one of the moms taking 15 minutes to sanitize the shopping cart I use or removing from circulation every toy that hits the ground in a public place.  More power to women that have the energy to do these things, but I generally have bigger fish to fry... Besides since Kasen stays home with me, I figure the exposure is good for her.  Puts "hair on her chest" if you will.  Shocked I used that expression?  I mean she's a girl!  Yeah, tell that to my mom.  I think I heard it 5 times a day when I was young (in her defense I have 2 brothers).  It's funny the things that you repeat in the next generation.

But now, after being puked on, I can see why people go to such great lengths to keep their kids from getting sick.  It is lame.  Really lame.  According to other stories I have heard, we managed to escape pretty unscathed (she only puked 3 times and I never got it).  However, it was hard to feel that way changing a (very recently freshly bathed) puke covered baby.  Mommy indignity #3,654?  Since I was also covered, I got to do this in my underwear.  Good times.

The girl is definitely on the mend now.  But, the Picarbockers have been feeling a little stir crazy these past few days.


FYI - I made that dress.  I used this tutorial from Prudent Baby.  Since their instructions were for 2T, I had to shrink it a bit.  I basically took Kasen's measurements and extrapolated with their pattern.  It is a flannel and I am in love with the fabric pattern.  It was actually pretty easy to sew, but next time I think I would go with a knit fabric (although I am still a little intimidated by knits).  I think it would be more forgiving in terms of fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment