Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Daddy Time

Karl is a great dad.  He is totally hands on and Kasen adores him.  She has started to show some separation anxiety (generally happens at this age), but only with Karl.  When he comes home, it is like her world suddenly filled with sunshine and if he leaves the room - CLOUDS... all she sees are CLOUDS.  This means big pouty lips and crying, with tears.    It would be pretty adorable if it weren't so loud.  Oh and when I leave the room?  She waves.  Good riddance lady!  Anyway, this is all just to reiterate that even Kasen knows she got a good dad.  One of the truly great ones.

In an attempt to give me a "day off", we have declared Saturdays - "Daddy Day".  This means that Karl is Kasen's "point man".  Kasen needs a diaper?  Dad is on it.  Kasen needs feeding?  Again, Dad's all over it.  My role?  I let go and help when asked.  Things happen a little differently on this day.  Karl wants to walk down to the local bar with Kasen AND not take diapers or formula?  It's Daddy Day... anything goes.  In fact, Karl's common response to any questions I have on Saturday - "that is how we ROLL on Daddy Day".  

I recently started doing some tutoring one evening a week thus making this night - "Daddy Night".  Like on "Daddy Day", things are just different than when Mom runs things.  I would like to present this video to illustrate my point.  Karl shot this week when I was off tutoring.  Recently, Kasen has started to pull up to standing, but isn't cruising and had never attempted climbing up anything....



If you are a mom, you probably know what I thought when I first saw it and I am not even a hovering mom.  I am more from the "brush yourself off" school of parenting.  My thought when I saw this video?  "Really??  Shooting from the TOP of the stairs?  Even the dog knows this is a bad idea."

No comments:

Post a Comment