Friday, September 24, 2010

Sewing muchkin stuff

I finally replaced my old, broken sewing machine last weekend.  My new sewing machine (a BabyLock Crafter's Choice) is awesome.  I definitely have some learning to do, but it is making sewing fun again.

The first real project I worked on was the curtains for Kasen's room, but I am still not done and no pictures have been taken - so that will have to wait.  Instead here is my first finished project - an applique on a bib.  I love small projects, this took about 30 minutes.  Here it is:



How freaking cute right?  I love the silly fabric I found too.  Makes me think of a real bow tie.  I wish I can gotten a picture of the little boy wearing it.  We made anther one with an appliqued neck-tie in red gingham.  A-DOR-ABLE.  I really want to do a neck-tie one that is a thick stripe.  Totally man tie on a baby bib. 

My next step is to create a girl version.  I am thinking some sort of necklace, but my applique skills are still developing, so I need one that is pretty simple.  I will definitely take pictures of Kasen enjoying it.

In addition to the little projects, I just started a quilt class.  The fabrics below were especially picked to go with Kasen's room (and other decor in the room).  I am hoping the quilt and curtains finish around the same time - then I promise some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment