Tuesday, April 24, 2012

PEPS Birthday - Sprinkles Galore

We have been meeting with the same group of moms/babies since Kasen was a few months old (our PEPS group).  We celebrated the babes 2 year birthday at a local Gymboree.  Here is everyone:


Great picture huh?  Turns out getting a group shot of 2 year olds is about as easy as herding ants.  Or finding your keys after dropping them off a dock.  Point being, NOT easy.  In fact this was the only picture that actually contained all the babies kids (got to get over the baby thing).

After the kids had their fill of playing, they had pizza (which Kasen calls "pee" - she may do this for awhile since Karl and I laugh every time) and cupcakes.  The frosting was definitely the highlight of the cupcake experience.  You can see both Kasen and her friend, Sam, enjoying their frosting.  While Kasen chose to hold her cupcake and lick the frosting, Sam chose a face first attack.  Both seemed equally effective.


Did you notice the above cupcakes had sprinkles?  Kasen did.  Yesterday, she actually found the bag of sprinkles I used when making the cupcakes....  do you see where this is going?  I was washing dishes at the time and when I watched her fail to open the twist tie, I turned back to the dishes.  Sound like a bad idea?  It was.  The next sound I heard was the "tink, tink, tink" of many, many sprinkles hitting the floor.


I think the only one happy about the situation was Sterling.  Poor Kasen was pretty upset.  I think she expected cupcakes to come out of the bag with the sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment