Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Art Group - Sidewalk Paint

My friend Rachel and I have been meeting once a week for the past few months.  Her son Sam is about 11 weeks younger than Kasen.  Since I wanted to be a little more purposeful about doing art with Kasen, I thought a planned meetup would give me the motivation.  I will say it has definitely worked.  We have taken the kids to the art museum and done numerous art activities.

Sam and Kasen enjoying the easels at the SAM

Working on her first contact paper "stained glass"

We try and get outside at every opportunity (especially in the spring).  The Pacific Northwest can make you appreciate the sunshine!  Today I didn't have a plan until my friend Becca mentioned that her mom just tried homemade sidewalk paint with her niece.  A quick Google search later and I came up with this recipe for Sidewalk Paint.  I tripled the recipe to create 4 colors.  It worked like a charm and the kids really enjoyed it.

Sam and Kasen got right into painting, Lucas needed some more convincing(he is at the edge of the picture with his mom).


It seemed to wipe off of Kasens' shoes without issue.  I will have to wait and see how the pants fared.  I though art paint brushes would get trashed, so I bought some small paint brushed at the hardware store.  Worked great.  Here is a close up of their master piece:

Pretty awesome huh?  (FYI the kids didn't make the circle, but everything else was all them)

No comments:

Post a Comment