Monday, June 28, 2010

Uncle Paul

I have an uncle Paul. He is my dad's brother-in-law, married to my dad's older sister. My memories of my uncle Paul are good ones. He rode a motorcycle, he had a tattoo and was definitely the strong silent type. I thought he was the coolest person I had ever met. I suppose when I was young being the epitome of cool was pretty easy (I thought My Pretty Ponies were cool for awhile), but Uncle Paul's coolness has staying power. I haven't seen him in quite some time, but based on my last visit - still cool.

My daughter has an Uncle Paul too. My younger brother Paul was named for our uncle. Technically there was another important Paul - my dad's friend from law school - but I don't know him, so I just think of him being named for our uncle. Anyway, it is a fitting namesake. Kasen's uncle Paul will be the perfect "cool uncle". He has tattoos, definitely strong silent type - no motorcycle - but his older BMW is pretty cool. Paul was in town last week, so I made him take a picture with Kasen. Cute huh? Paul is making his "I am holding a baby" face and Kasen is trying to be like her uncle. I think it is funny how similar their expressions are in this picture. My guess? A facial expression is not the only thing her Uncle Paul will teach her - hopefully there won't be any motorcycle rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment