Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Girl Hair

One of my fears with having a girl was doing the hair.  I don't do my hair.  In fact my stylist has strict instructions... "This has gotta look good even though I just wash it and walk out the door..".  I know I had pigtails as a kid (there are pictures to prove it), but my hair was short from 3rd grade to high school (although one side was long enough for crimping in the 6th grade).  Fast forward to today, Kasen's hair has finally gotten long enough to attempt pigtails and this morning I tried.  Here is what we got (with A LOT of help from Mickey Mouse):

That look says THRILLED right?
 No idea if she likes them.  She tried to pull them out immediately, but after a quick mirror trip, she seemed less bent on destruction.  More interested in pulling on her new "horns".


These are surely the pigtails of an amateur.  Note the large patch of hair that didn't get included (see photo below).  I am still proud of the effort though.  After all a stranger on the street could identify these as pigtails.  I honestly thought I might be stuck saying "They're pigtails" when confronted with strange looks all day.  We'll see how long they last......

No comments:

Post a Comment