Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Kasen is getting more confident being on 2 feet, so she has started to walk while holding on to things.  I didn't walk until 15 months, so I was hoping she would take after me (Karl walked much earlier at 12 months).  Sadly, recent developments make it seem like Kasen will be more daring - like her dad. 

Kasen has a small rocking chair that was mine as a child.  She loves it and uses it to stand up. 
This looks totally harmless
I was reading a book, when Kasen did this the first time:
"Oh My Goodness, I actually got my knee up!"
It all happened so fast.  She was on the chair and standing before I realized what was happening.  Luckily, I was able to get over to her before she decided to get down.
"Why not stand on a rocking chair?"
Once she got standing, she tried to open the closet door which caused the chair to rock (it is a rocking chair after all).  If I hoped that would startle her enough to make her more cautious, I was to be disappointed.  She thought it was fun and began to rock the chair - while STANDING and facing BACKWARD in the chair.
Turns out Kasen likes danger
It's official, she has now discovered climbing.  We go up the stairs at least once a day and yesterday at a coffee shop I had to pull her off a child-sized table she had climbed.  I mean if you can mange to climb into the chair, who wouldn't climb onto the table?  I think we may have to limit our time with the monkeys at the zoo...


No comments:

Post a Comment