Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kasen's first beer... kinda

Before you call DCS - no beer crossed the lips of our child.... I don't think anyway... no, definitely not.

At the end of our fabulous trip to Florida last month, we stayed in Orlando for a night.  We were flying out the next morning at 8am, so we just stayed at a hotel near the airport.  The hotel was pretty forgettable, but dinner was not.  We went to the Bauern-Stube which was AMAZING.  Seriously, it reminded us of our local bar Prost.  They had REAL German beers on tap.  When the waitress welcomed us and began to explain each German beer, it took Karl a moment to say "we're familiar" - I think because he was so verklempt.

This place was unbelievable. Completely a shock since it was so full of charm and uniqueness (not really Orlando's style).  The decor was fantastic.  Every inch of wall space was full of German-esque knickknacks (always loved that word).  I tried to take a photo, but it was too dark inside.  I settled for one of Kasen that showed our table.



Are you wondering when Kasen had her beer?  It's coming.  Both Karl and I ordered German beers with excitement. I got a Weiss beer in one of the  traditional tall glasses. After a fantastic meal (with SPAETZLE), we (OK I) ordered dessert. Our waitress brought the dessert and when she put it down, she accidentally knocked my beer glass - stupid, tall, wonderful beer.  Do you already know where this is going? Yeah, the beer knocked over onto Kasen. That poor waitress - I have never seen someone apologize more and all I was thinking... what a great story to tell Kasen one day. In fact, I laughed even the next day when I unpacked her little dress that smelled like a brewery.

Hmmm.... wonder if all parents remember their infant's first beer? All the good ones I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment